One of MSA’s core values is commitment to learning. As part of that commitment, we are dedicated to furthering STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education and are pleased to announce the awarding of scholarships to current college students for the third year in a row.
Six students attending selected universities throughout the Upper Midwest will each receive a $1,000 scholarship for the Fall 2017 semester.
If you’re pursuing a degree in civil or environmental engineering or related degree, we encourage you to apply by March 31, 2017.
9 Tips for a Better Scholarship Application
1. Be sure to follow all directions and deadlines outlined in the scholarship application.
2. Don’t forget to sell yourself! It’s not all about your GPA. We are looking for well-rounded candidates who are involved in organizations, volunteer and have prior work experience.
3. Don’t add extra unnecessary words to your essay; a clear and concise essay is the best approach.
4. Be sure your essay has a subject and stick to that topic. Don’t go off on side tangents that do not relate to the essay questions.
5. Avoid grammar or spelling mistakes. Ask someone to proofread your essays prior to submitting your application.
6. Take time and do your research on the company offering the scholarship.
7. Meet the criteria for the scholarship. If you do not qualify, look for other scholarships where you meet the requirements and only apply for those scholarships. This allows you to spend your time more efficiently.
8. Update your LinkedIn profile and sell your experiences.
9. If you have questions about the application or need additional information, don’t be afraid to ask for clarification. Please contact Bethany Smith
with questions regarding MSA’s scholarship application.