MSA was hired by the City to create a broader network of multi-modal routes.
MSA was hired by the City to update the existing Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan, and to create a broader network of multi-modal routes that more effectively accommodate bicyclists and pedestrians through the City’s neighborhoods, business areas and projected growth areas.
The MSA project team has worked with the City of Middleton to provide the following:
- A detailed inventory of existing conditions along bicycle and pedestrian route segments focusing on challenging areas within the network: areas where multiple transportation modes are competing within limited public right-of-way and safety is a concern
- Recommendations for improvements to the bicycle and pedestrian system, including:
- Design improvements along route segments,
- Design approaches and methods that could be used to overcome physical barriers to pedestrians and bicyclists, and
- Policy recommendations for sidewalk installation, bicycle parking and off-road trail surfaces.
- Recommendations for new trail segments to link with the existing and/or planned trails
- Public outreach and consultation to ensure the plan reflects local needs and addresses local concerns
- A set of comprehensive maps and graphics that communicate the Plan’s findings